Home | Zones | Log in | Register

page numbers layout at the bottom

suggestions

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

currently, the zone lists every single page, which for threads that get up close to 5000 posts can be several lines of just numbers

this actually gets large enough on phones to be a problem, i often find myself accidentally hitting a page number if somebody posts and the keyboard cuts out for a second or the page jumps to scroll down. maybe i’m just dumb but i’ve lost several larger posts because of this

maybe we could make the page numbers look more like eti’s where it selects a few on either side of your current page plus the first and last, to cut down on the space used? or another solution if there’s a more elegant one maybe idk

high impact

i’ll do this soon

bird on skateboard

woot :)

high impact

hm
the keyboard on my phone stays up but the post scrolls out of view
ios
less inconvenient but same ish

there are thread zone threads with thousands of posts?

man, I never get invited to the cool zones

i put this in. let me know if it looks ok. i dont have very many big ass topics to test it with

bird on skateboard

it looks alright

seems like it counts the first and last few pages, then some by tens until it’s within… 10 on either side of your current page? then the last few

it’s got it down to 2-3 lines on my phone, from a huge block

high impact

how many pages u got

bird on skateboard

high impact

I’m curious, why not just 1 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100, plus like 5 on either side of wherever you are

was there a reason for making it count like, 1 2 3 4 5 … 10 20 30 … 90 91 92 93 … 100

high impact

i have it set up rn so 100 or less pages it skips 5 each
100 or more it skips 10
i can tweak these to something else

it should be
first five, increments, last five

bird on skateboard

anyway i emulated how ETI does it
i guess the reasoning for showing the first/last few pages is that you are more likely to want to go to them? idk

bird on skateboard

that seems legit

thanks!

high impact

yeah i looked at it on my desktop as well now (sorry still waking up lol) and it looks much nicer. on desktop it makes even the longest threads a single line of page numbers. very cool

high impact
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
← Thread List | ↑ Top