Page 1 of /1

https://thread.zone/account/display

only a few settings rn but i’ll add more

bird on skateboard

added a “display images as links” thing to this

bird on skateboard

added a Open Links in New Tab option

bird on skateboard

also let me know if this breaks anything i had to fuck with a lot of the ‘core’ parts of the site

bird on skateboard

damn, thanks tiko

update: new tab for links doesn’t work in chrome in windows 10

update 2: or firefox. however, my husband reports that it was working on his phone’s firefox

but for whatever reason it’s not working for me

update 3: tested it on firefox on my android phone as well, nothing
also tried clearing cache, doesn’t help

Edited by applebappu at 2017-12-27 00:24:412017-12-27 00:24
high impact

added a “display images as links” thing to this

thnx

getting reports from other friends that it works fine for them as well. i wonder what the issue could be that it’s not working on my phone OR the random computer i’m on atm in any browser

it might be something account-specific. though i already checked and it automatically updated the option to the new setting on my phone’s logged in session when i changed it on the desktop session so it’s not a matter of like a stray logged-in session somewhere holding it up, i wouldn’t think

i tried unchecking the option and saving, then changing it back to the new behavior, saving again, clearing cache again, still doesn’t work

i also tried disabling ublock origin for that page just in case, with no change in results
though the copy of firefox i installed to check the behavior had no extensions, so that’s probably not it

phone testing update: i tried force stopping firefox and clearing its cache manually, then logging back in, confirming the setting was set correctly… still no result. weird.

there’s gotta just be like a stuck flag in the database for my account or something, i’m logged into at least 3 locations so maybe that’s messing with it

also incognito mode / private browsing doesn’t seem to change anything vs. a regular browser window

i’m not sure what i’m doing so if there’s any log outputs or anything that would help i’m happy to provide them

Edited by applebappu at 2017-12-26 23:58:142017-12-26 23:58
high impact

works on chrome osx
safari ios
works on windows firefox
works on windows chrome for me too

hmm strange ill try some stuff
one thing that could fuck it up is if you idle in one thread for a long time, the live messages will follow whatever your format choices were when you loaded the topic. but reloading should fix it 🤔

bird on skateboard

anyway try this:
turn the option on
right click a link and inspect element
in the HTML does the <a> tag have a target="_blank" attribute?
if it does and still opens in the same window, it might be an errant popup blocker or something

bird on skateboard

i would have to guess maybe a weird tab manager? she’s having the same problem on mobile and desktop with the same browser that shares extensions but i thought she tried disabling her adblocker

i looked at her account settings in the DB and the display options seem to be saved fine
hmm

bird on skateboard

anyway try this:
turn the option on
right click a link and inspect element
in the HTML does the <a> tag have a target="_blank" attribute?
if it does and still opens in the same window, it might be an errant popup blocker or something

sorry, just saw this post
lemme try

high impact

hm, no it looks like <a href=“thelink.com” rel=“nofollow”>

also i’m at home now and it’s not working on my home computer either lol
windows 7 and firefox

just to check, i tried disabling firefox’s automatic popup blocking. no dice

Edited by applebappu at 2017-12-27 06:17:522017-12-27 06:17
high impact

seems like your setting isnt working and its my fault… i will investigate

bird on skateboard

OK i think i fixed it
the root of the bug was very stupid and it boils down to if your timezone was the default your settings wouldn’t apply properly

bird on skateboard

OK i think i fixed it
the root of the bug was very stupid and it boils down to if your timezone was the default your settings wouldn’t apply properly

!

lol ok lemme check

high impact

hooray it works, thanks tiko :)

high impact

best bird

high impact

yay

bird on skateboard

what was the deal with the bug, anyway, you’ve got me curious

or is that all there was to it

high impact

probably none of the settings were changing if you were on the default timezone cause it wasnt referencing your database entry for options just using the defaults

probably none of the settings were changing if you were on the default timezone cause it wasnt referencing your database entry for options just using the defaults

basically this. before the only thing that could change was dates and i put the new stuff inside the “is the timezone non default?” check accidentally lolz

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 18.51.10.png

bird on skateboard

also that png got really weirdly resized hmm

bird on skateboard

oh yeah pngs with transparent pixels get super fucked up on ul

ok i think i fixed that
i’m gonna add a thumbnail thing maybe. but images are already thumbed at a high-ish cutoff. so it’d just squish images more

lmk any ideas for display options i can add stuff more easily now

bird on skateboard

i really liked that dumb eti avatar crush on all imgs
where everything became static 150x150 imgs
it gives you enough info to not have to click a link when scrolling a long thread if you recognize the thumb or see its a photo or a landscape or whatever

i get it if its dumb to implement

nah i think i’ll add it. but it’ll only really work for newly uploaded images whenever it gets implemented

bird on skateboard

basically this. before the only thing that could change was dates and i put the new stuff inside the “is the timezone non default?” check accidentally lolz

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 18.51.10.png

lol welp

high impact

nah i think i’ll add it. but it’ll only really work for newly uploaded images whenever it gets implemented

that’s fine

something i’d like to see in the site display options for imgs is

full size
thumbnail
links only

thumbs in particular would make it easier to browse from a phone or look through filtered posts, provided they’re new, smaller imgs and not just the existing img dynamically resized through html fuckery

Edited by Lyra at 2017-12-27 19:01:142017-12-27 19:01
stunt failed

oh man this makes mobile browsing so much better thank u

high impact
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top