Home | Zones | Log in | Register

how impossible is it for tags to span across all zones

it just works

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

I clicked a tag earlier in a good zone and was like hmm I wish threads tagged with this tag from bad thread zone would show as well

is there something I am not thinking about that makes this a suboptimal preference

is this hard to program for some reason I am not thinking about

If not so think it would be nice to get tag results from all zones of which I am a member

Tiko? …Mina?

you can look at tags across all your zones on the Latest page it’s just not very obvious
https://thread.zone/multi/test

the big question is do tags even have meaning across zones? in general i would guess probably not

bird on skateboard

My understanding is that the current behavior makes sense when you realize each zone is intended to be a separate (perhaps private) forum with its own tags.

The way people seem to be using them lately is like they would use tags on the other blue websight, and there’s an inherent impedance mismatch there.

When you see it through the lens of separate forums then tags spanning across them makes less sense.

❧ Edited by MasterOfMagic at 2021-07-08 13:54:002021-07-08 13:54
Trying too hard

you can look at tags across all your zones on the Latest page it’s just not very obvious
https://thread.zone/multi/test

Oh cool, thanks. imo this should be the default return when you click a tag but I guess from this:

the big question is do tags even have meaning across zones? in general i would guess probably not

I guess we have a large philosophical disconnect on what tags should be. I think the inverse β€” zone subdivision of tags is rarely (if ever) meaningful

zone subdivision of tags is rarely (if ever) meaningful

An object example - I am the zowner for the NFL zone. The use of the tag [games] or [rewatch] would be very different between there and say, bad and anime.

Trying too hard

zone subdivision of tags is rarely (if ever) meaningful

An object example - I am the zowner for the NFL zone. The use of the tag [games] or [rewatch] would be very different between there and say, bad and anime.

They call β€˜em replays in sportsball

for real tho I think those obvious differences would be ok, and the exception over the norm, i.e. most tags would not benefit from the zone separation.

At minimum I’d argue more tags would benefit from zone consolidation (especially with consideration to current volume of site content) than would benefit from the default click destination

Lastly, I don’t feel strongly about this, despite what my posts ITT may connote

i like the separation because it means we avoid the tag drama that goes on on ETI and it can be used more for its intended purpose which is sorting threads in a forum for easier reference

❧ Edited by Applebaps at 2021-07-08 18:47:032021-07-08 18:47
i didn't learn nothin

It’s hard being so wrong all the time

It’s hard being Cage

It’s hard being so wrong all the time

It’s hard being Cage

actually i am playing on easy mode, so it’s easy being me…. Wrong again!

Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
← Thread List | ↑ Top