Home | Zones | Log in | Register

spoiler tags behave strangely depending upon how your post is formatted

bug report

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

if you quote this post you can see how i formatted it / typed out the post, which if you use ETI at all, you should be pretty familiar with how it should look.

<spoiler>

<text inside of a spoiler

</spoiler>

<-the original text of the spoiler has been consumed, and replaced with this text that comes after the tag that should be closing the spoiler

❧ Edited by Lyra at 2017-12-04 23:01:192017-12-04 23:01
stunt failed

sometimes the contents of a spoiler tag just dump out into the post, and clicking the tag doesn’t do anything

i am trying to find a way to consistently reproduce this behavior

stunt failed

test

in this instance the spoiler tag was broken just by capitalizing a single letter in the tag

stunt failed

thx for the report i will try to fix

bird on skateboard

for the first one, the < makes it think it’s an html tag and treats the rest of the post as an unclosed spoiler. not sure how i can wrangle the html stuff to treat malformed html better

no idea why the capitalization thing does what it does. i might be able to fix it, gotta do more investigating

bird on skateboard

is there like a markdown equivalent of the spoiler tag?

bagel

unfortunately not
there’s a programming language specifier thing for the ``` code block that we might be able to re-purpose for spoilers hmm

bird on skateboard

i’ve seen with some spoiler tags, particularly captioned ones, that also break if they aren’t part of a new line

<i'm gay>

this will probably be broken

</i'm gay>

stunt failed

bad spoiler tag (don’t nest spoilers)

❧ Edited by imgay at 2018-01-10 11:47:322018-01-10 11:47

yeah idk if tiko did it or how it happened but they do seem more reliable these days

high impact

oh yeah i changed how they work / figured out why they were fucking up in the first place
the downside is that spoilers now always have a line break in front of them, i might be able to fix later.

nerd info:
turns out it wasn’t a markdown html parsing bug, just that fact that <p> can’t have a child <p> (it gets treated as a new p, that’s why spoiler content was getting β€˜leaked’ outside the spoiler), so i changed spoilers to use div instead of span which due to some obscure html rules is ok to put in an unclosed p tag. eti doesn’t have this problem cuz it doesn’t put stuff in <p> but the markdown thing i’m using does

❧ Edited by Tiko at 2018-01-10 17:12:222018-01-10 17:12
bird on skateboard

neat! i like nerd infos

high impact

p is a specialized div tag with exclusivity rules tho

Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
← Thread List | ↑ Top