Home | Zones | Log in | Register

auto image resizing would be nice

suggestions

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

i think the best method would be how ETI handles it with a per-user preference, so you can choose if you want to see full in-line images or thumbnails, with a proper thumbnail generated so you don’t run into people uploading 40000x40000 images that then get dynamically resized or whatever

i think a decent enough hack for this as an immediate solution would be for the image code that is automatically pasted into the post box after you upload the picture would add a single > before it, which forces it to a thumbnail as if it were quoted

❧ Edited by Lyra at 2017-11-30 07:22:452017-11-30 07:22
stunt failed

i’ll add a display as thumbnail option soon
images actually do get auto-resized, but only if they are bigger than 1024px in one dimension
also, images won’t stretch the page, they can only be as wide as your browser

bird on skateboard

ah okay, i hadnt noticed since i usually just keep the browser full screen anyhow. that’s a nice feature

thumbnails would still be nice, especially for a mobile or work browsing experience

thank ye for yer work

stunt failed

oh whoops i did break the thumbnail thing recently

bird on skateboard

alright i fixed the thumbnail thing for now. if you upload a pic it’ll be thumbnailed (max 1024px). this should prevent 4000000px things from slowing loading down
this won’t affect old posts so you’ll have to edit and re-up any massive pics if you got em

bird on skateboard

thanks for the report :>

bird on skateboard
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
← Thread List | ↑ Top