Home | Zones | Log in | Register

"read more" button doesn't appear on some occasions

bug report

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

it appears just fine if you are on a non-current page of a thread, and a new post is made

previous behavior of the “read more” button would have it appear at the bottom of a thread, even if you’re looking at an older page. however, with its current behavior, if you load in to an old page, the button will be absent until a new post is made. can easily reproduce on firefox for desktop and mobile chrome for android.

some of the people i post with report that the button isn’t there on some occasions even if new posts have been made - i speculate that this may be how the livelinks function interacts w/ paginated threads. perhaps the new page was generated while they were idle in the thread / the browser was a background process, and when they look at the browser again, livelinks updates and they can see new posts from the current page, and if they scroll to the bottom it may have even generated a link to the new page at the bottom or top like this:

page.png
page 2.png

but the read more button is absent

read more is gone.png

as stated before, the read more button / bar appears if another post is made while the browser is in focus

Edited by Lyra at 2018-03-21 19:27:092018-03-21 19:27
stunt failed

sorry about this I will take a look

bird on skateboard

ok i think i fixed the first issue of the disappearing read more
there is another issue where people who get disconnected and then reconnect might not see a new page. i’ll work on this soon

bird on skateboard
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top