Home | Zones | Log in | Register

is it possible to change how images are loaded, and paginate filtered posts

multi-level feature begging

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

one nice thing about ETI is images aren’t loaded until you scroll to them. at first glance it seems like a ‘greedy’ move that only comes with a fringe benefit of plausibly reducing hosting costs, but if you open a thread that has a lot of images in it, the page starts vertically stretching further and further as images load in

an acceptable alternative, or perhaps in addition to only loading images in when you actually scroll to them, would be to read the image meta data and immediately generate that level of vertical height for the post, so like, even if the image isn’t loading, as soon as you load into a page of a thread, the scrollbar is accurate and you can more easily get to the posts you want to see without having to wait for all of the images to load, then wait for the page to finish stretching, then continue scrolling past that stuff

also adding pages was a great move that made threads much more easily digestable, is it possible to paginate filtered posts in the same way

stunt failed

images: i already specificy their size before they load, idk why it doesn’t work 100%. but I’ll try to fix
filtering pages: I’ll add it but it’s kind of tricky

bird on skateboard

i added some javascript that jumps to the proper post after the page finishes loading. seems like it helps but it might be annoying

bird on skateboard

its a good hack for now

i added some javascript that jumps to the proper post after the page finishes loading. seems like it helps but it might be annoying

this is a big improvement imo

high impact

this is a big improvement imo

stunt failed
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top