Home | Zones | Log in | Register

things that confuse my small cat brain, also bugs if i see any 🐈

confused help meow 🐈

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

There’s a lot of things that aren’t immediately obvious about the site.

• The top bar is context sensitive I assume but it’s confusing because all the β€œscreens” look practically identical and the links shifting around constantly is hard to adjust to.
  • When you go to a thread zone, there’s only the β€œhot” topics and you can’t β€œmake new topic” until you go to the actual full list of topics. I guess conceptually it’s like the ETI homepage but per-zone but if you conceptualize the whole site as a collection of subforums (like old ETI) it seems weirdly complex to jump to a subforum and make a topic.
  • I’ve mentioned before, the initial account creation is very confusing since when I first joined I got all panicky that my email was my username since I don’t need everyone seeing it, and it wasn’t until later I realized that you choose a new username per zone
  • testing to see if emojis work as tags because im gay

also what’s the character limit to posts

kaptuer.PNG

thanks I’ll try and address all these issues
the two posts thing is cuz kelladros is an idiot and has to tab tab space to post
one of them will be a preview button soon

Admin

also I added a new topic button to the zone index page and the character limit is 10240 (idk how I arrived at this number)

Admin

alright i’ve addressed most of these issues i think
i split the top bar up more, it should be more obvious which parts change
still not the perfect ui of course

you can make a new topic from the index page

i added a default profile feature. new account registration has you fill it out, you can change it in the account settings page. i got rid of user IDs too. i also stopped showing your email on the index page. this should make it more obvious your email is private

bird on skateboard

i think i got the character limit from eti. and unicode is supported everywhere. titles, tags, text, names.

❧ Edited by Tiko at 2017-10-07 18:48:412017-10-07 18:48
bird on skateboard

also the Welcome to Meta topic has 1 (+1) and has this whole time and when i click it doesn’t go away . It says 1 post by 2 users.

also the Welcome to Meta topic has 1 (+1) and has this whole time and when i click it doesn’t go away . It says 1 post by 2 users.

i fixed the +1 thing i think. the 2 users thing is a known bug i’ll fix it l8r

bird on skateboard
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
← Thread List | ↑ Top